Friday, November 9, 2012

Review on Edgeware Zester

I received my Edgeware zester and couldn't wait to try it out.  I came upon a recipe from the new cookbook Chic Made Simple and thought  this was a great opportunity to try my new zester.  I tried the Carrot Muffins which require orange zest. What I loved about this kitchen tool is the ease in which it took the zest off the orange and I especially loved that it has a measuring compartment attached.  This is definitely a kitchen tool I will use over and over again and highly recommend. I am including the recipe and a picture. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to test this wonderful product. 


012.JPG

[Ingredients:] 
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1 lb (16 oz. bag) fresh carrots, finely grated
1 cup sugar or sugar substitute
¾ cup canola oil
¼ cup orange juice, fresh or bottled
1 orange, zested (optional)
4 eggs
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt

[Directions:]

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In the bowl of an electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the flours, carrots, sugar, oil, orange juice, orange zest, eggs, lemon juice, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until well combined, about 1 - 2 minutes. Pour the batter into a 12 generously greased muffin tin (or 2 greased disposable muffin tins) , filling the cups two - thirds full.
2. Bake for 22 - 25 minutes until the center tests clean with a toothpick. Do not over bake. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container for maximum freshness.

Yields: 12 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment