Monday, December 10, 2012

Dinner Tonight - Potato and Cheese Latkes and Zeppolis

For dinner tonight I am making Potato Latkes and Cheese Latkes. For dessert I am making Zeppolis (thanks to my awesome bro and sis in law for this easy "cheating" way to make donuts for my family). I know its a lot of fried but hey, its Chanukah!!!! Enjoy!


2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
1 medium onion
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp salt
pepper
oil for frying

Grate potatoes and onions. Add egg, salt and pepper. Fry in oil until golden on each side.


3 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup cottage cheese
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder 
1/2 tsp salt
5 tbs sugar
1 tsp vanilla
oil for frying

Combine all ingredients together to form smooth batter. Fry in oil until golden brown on each side. 


1 lb store bought pizza dough cut into 12 pieces 
oil for frying 
confectioners sugar

Deep fry dough until golden brown. Roll in sugar. 



No comments:

Post a Comment