Friday, April 12, 2013

Dinner Tonight - Shabbos Menu!!!!

Hey all!!!! Long time no "speak". My life has been so busy the last few months (whose hasn't been?!?!?). Along with all the holidays, Iv'e also been traveling a lot. I was in NY more in the last couple months then I was in Florida (people were even asking me if we are moving back!!!!). Well, I was going to start posting again earlier in the week, but, my dinners this week were kind of boring (Monday - macaroni and cheese (http://couponingtocooking.blogspot.com/2012/05/dinner-tonight_22.html), Tuesday - wings (http://couponingtocooking.blogspot.com/2012/05/dinner-tonight_16.html), Wednesday - pizza bubble ring (http://couponingtocooking.blogspot.com/2012/11/dinner-tonight-1120.html), Thursday - spaghetti and meatballs (http://couponingtocooking.blogspot.com/2012/07/dinner-tonight-717.html), so I decided that I would post my Shabbos menu instead. Then we were invited out for Dinner! So Shabbos lunch is a small menu (it's just us) but I did try a couple of new recipes that I thought were worth sharing.  I am having challah, chulent, butternut squash kugel, cauliflower latkes, and a new chicken cutlets. I will probably throw together a salad to go with it. I am making bark for dessert. Hopefully I will "see" you next week with some more new and creative ideas. Have an amazing Shabbos!!!!! Enjoy!

Cauliflower Latkes:
2 lbs of cauliflower - steamed
5 eggs
1/3 cup flour/ matzoh meal
salt and pepper 
oil or Pam for frying (I used Pam)

Mash cauliflower and add rest of ingredients  Fry in oil or Pam until golden brown on each side.  


Asian Chicken: 
2 lbs chicken cutlets
1 cup flour
2 egg whites - beaten
Sauce:
6 tbs sugar
4 tbs vinegar
4 tbs soy sauce
2 tbs mustard
Cut chicken cutlets into strips. dip in flour and then in egg white. Fry on both sides until golden brown (I used  Pam). Mix all sauce ingredients together. Pour over chicken and bake on 350 for 10 minutes. 



2 comments:

  1. Can you please post the Butternut Squash kugel recipe?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete

  2. Ingredients
    -
    4 box frozen butternut squash
    -
    1 cup sugar
    -
    1 cup soy milk
    -
    1 cup flour
    -
    5 eggs

    Instructions

    Combine all ingrediants together.

    Pour into greased pan and sprinkle cinnamon on top.

    Bake on 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

    ReplyDelete