Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dinner Tonight - Best Mac and Cheese!!!!

I have, What I feel, is the best Macaroni and Cheese recipe (http://couponingtocooking.blogspot.com/2012/05/dinner-tonight_22.html). My brother claims he has the best recipe. So for dinner tonight I decided to try my brothers recipe and see what the verdict is. His is very creamy and has a great depth of flavor. Mine is a bit more sophisticated. Either way you cant go wrong with these two great recipes. I am serving it with homemade garlic knots and corn on the cob. Here is his winning recipe. Enjoy!



1 lb macaroni - cooked and drained according to directions
12 oz American cheese
1 1/4 cup whole milk
2 oz butter
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
drop of yellow food coloring (optional)

Warm up butter and milk until slightly boiled. Add in cheese until melted, add in salt pepper and food coloring if using (gives it a real "mac and cheese" color). Pour into 9x13 pan and bake covered for 20-25 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. yum! this is exactly how I make my macaroni and cheese. I would eat it for dinner every night if I could! looking forward to seeing your future blog posts! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete