Monday, May 14, 2012

Dinner Tonight - Turkey Roast

I am sending dinner over to a friend tonight who had a baby. Was going to make chicken cutlets but found out the person who cooked for them last night did that. I decided to make Turkey Roast (figured no one else would be sending that!), with Israeli Cous Cous (my kids would eat it every night if I let them!), Salad and Corn on the cob (on sale 10/$3 this week at Publix) . I am also cutting up a melon for dessert. I know my family will definitely enjoy this meal and I hope theirs will as well!

Turkey Roast:

3-4 lb Turkey roast
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil
3 tbs balsamic vinegar
3 tbs soy sauce
1 small onion diced.






Place Roast in a pan. Combine all other ingredients to make sauce and pour over roast. Bake covered on 350 for 1 hour 45 minutes.

Israeli Cous cous:

Saute 1 onion. Add in 1 bag Osem Israeli style cous cous and saute until browned. Add in 2 cups of boiling water, lower flame, and simmer for 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork before serving.





Cesar salad:

Ingredients
-
1 cup mayonnaise
-
1/2 cup sugar
-
1/4 cup vinager
-
1/4 cup water



Mix all ingredients together and pour over romaine lettuce and top with croutons (if dairy meal sprinkle with parmesean cheese)
-
1 tsp salt
-
2 cloves garlic



2 comments: